Tuesday, June 13, 2017

The Pink Martini Pants

Hello Refashion Co-op. I found these wonderful, crazy, linen pants at my local Goodwill store for a dollar and I cold not resist them. They were so bright and cheerful. And they looked brand-new.


I thought the linen would breathe and be comfortable in the summer heat but the lining was acetate. That wouldn't breathe so I removed it. I made the pants a little smaller. The linen doesn't have any stretch so they needed to stay loose enough to be comfortable.


The dark pink of this dress matched the pink martinis on the pants so I decided to make it into a shirt. I cut it in half.


I didn't measure and it was a little shorter than I wanted. Oops! That's OK.
 I cut a few inches off this old black T-shirt and ...


...attached it to the bottom of the pink Tshirt.


Here is the finished outfit. It seems really fun to me. 


Thanks for reading, for more pictures and details go to I Can Work With That.

6 comments:

Dominique said...

Cute ! And the top looks like it has a peplum !

I Can Work With That said...

Thanks! It does have a bit of a peplum shape Claudia.

Jean said...

Cute, cute. But, just so you know, normally when someone lines linen... it's to help keep it from wrinkling. Enjoy your refashion.

cfort82 said...

Super cute outfit. I love the pants!

Cindy - EOD
Upcycle Design Lab

beinglizzie said...

Great blog! Please check out my blog http://beinglizzie.blogspot.com/2017/06/durban-trip.html

I Can Work With That said...

Thanks for the comments everyone. @Jean, Is that the purpose of the lining? I knew it had a reason behind it but I didn't think of wrinkles. It was so hot, I will take the wrinkles as they come. If it had been a skirt it wouldn't have been so uncomfortable.
Thanks for the info, I love this blog and all I learn from it.
Colleen